AFD Group Director & Co-Founder
Cristian is an Economist with 20 years of progressing experience as an advisor to the resources industry and its stakeholders in Latin America, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. Currently Cristian is working at Analysis for Development Group, a Network of intrnational consultants working focussing on connecting the activities of extractive industries to the development goals of host societies .
In the last four years, Cristian led projects that analysed the social and economic impacts and human development progress in mining regions at the Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining, Australia (CSRM) where he is currently an Industry Fellow.
Cristian’s experience includes a long track record advising at senior levels, conducting applied research and managing projects in collaboration with large multinational mining companies; mining councils and associations; international organizations; institutions and NGOs; governments at national and local levels; and civil society, communities and mining stakeholders in general.
Barrick Gold, Gold Corp, Newcrest, Vale, Codelco, Rio Tinto, Kinross, BHP Billiton, Xstrata, Freeport–McMoran, Sherrit, Suez Energy and others.
AUS AID, IM4DC, ICMM, WORLD BANK, GIZ, UNITED NATIONS, CEPAL, International Community Foundation, Universities.
MBA- Universidad de Chile
Economic and Business Administration,
Universidad Católica del Norte, Chile
• Modelling and analysis of direct impacts: Macroeconomic effects, economic linkages and local procurement, employment and taxes.
• Modelling and analysis of socioeconomic progress in the are of influence of extractive industries in developing countries.
• Strategies, communication plans and implementation of value proposition for mining companies.
• Assessment of corporate community programs and corporate social investment.
• Analysis of social issues and negative externalities linked to the development of extractive industries.
• Implementation of voluntary regulations, international standards and best practice.